Vacancy for Traffic Management Operative
We have an exciting opportunity to bring Traffic Management Operatives into a great team at J Browne Construction where you will continue to promote the J Browne brand. This is a site based role across the London area operating from our depot in Lea Bridge, East London. The role entails installing, monitoring and clearing traffic management requirements for utility construction activities.
What you should expect in your role?
You will ensure traffic management systems are set up and completed on time and comply with traffic management regulations. Flexibility is required as there will be some ‘out of hours’ working and possible shift patterns of work. Duties include:
- Traffic management site installations and clearances.
- Ensure traffic management equipment (temporary traffic lights, signage, cones, barriers, etc) are in good condition and delivered on time.
- Ensure plant, vehicles and equipment are calibrated and in appropriate condition to support the works.
- Ensure all equipment is removed from site to avoid unnecessary penalties.
- Inform Supervisor of any health & safety breeches or concerns and co-operate with the company representatives in all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment and Welfare.
- Liaise with Traffic Management Supervisor ensuring all information is provided to effectively carry out and complete the works.
- Act as a role model at all times in support of the company’s vision, priorities and values.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate for this role.
To provide great service in this role you will need:
- Previous traffic management experience
- Qualifications in Rural and Urban Traffic Management (Lantra 12d T1, T2, T3 and T5)
- Streetworks operative card
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management skills and able to work to deadlines
- Working as part of a Team as well as Lone Working
- Driving licence
Are you wondering what we will give you in return?
- Competitive rates of pay dependent on experience
- 21 days holiday
- Stakeholder Pension / Life Cover
- Further investment, training and development as you progress with the company
- Online shopping discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
To apply, please contact the HR department on 0203 300 0033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job